Thursday 30 January 2014

January Bella Box Review

In December 2013, I signed up to Bella Box's monthly subscription service on a whim. For those of you unfamiliar with Bella Box, basically what it is, is that you pay $15 a month, and each month you receive a parcel in the mail containing 5-7 different samples of new and popular beauty items. The idea is that if you can try all these new and popular beauty items, so you get a good idea of what's currently available, without having to pay $$$$ to test an item out. Then, if you do really like the item, you can purchase it from the Bella Box website. You tend to get one full-sized product each month, along with five or six sample-sized products. The products range from makeup items (mascara, lip gloss, makeup brushes) to face masks to skin moisturisers and tanning products.
I was going to do a review for my December box, but I was a bit lazy and forgot about it. So I thought I'd start with my January box that I received last week.


Extra Info:
  • Your Bella Box will generally arrive closer to the end of the month. I received my December box on December 24, and my January box on January 20.
  • There's no subscription contract, so you can sign up or end your subscription whenever you like.
  • I have found (and so have other users, according to reviews I've found on social media) that you tend to get a lot of moisturisers. 2 out of your 6 samples will generally be face/skin moisturisers. This might be an issue for some people. I, on the other hand, love moisturisers and I use them daily, so I can never have too many.
  • Not everyone will receive the exact same box each month. Your items depend on stock availability, and sometimes they alternate products. So you and your best friend might get 3 or 4 of the same products for the month, but whilst she gets a nail polish, you might get a face mask.


Without further ado, here is my February review: 


February Box

Product One:  ModelCo Fat Lash Volumising Black Mascara

   
Love love love!


 So this mascara was this month's full-sized product. This is the first ModelCo product I've ever used, and let me just say, I LOVE it! It's a volumising and lengthening non-flaking/non-clumping black mascara, and it is amazing. It really does add a whole lot of length and volume to your lashes, and my favourite part is that it doesn't clump. There's nothing I hate more than mascaras that make you look like you have 3 giant clumpy eyelashes, rather that lots of lovely individual lashes. I definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a mascara that gives you that bigger, bolder look. They're retailed at $20 each, but thanks to Bella Box, I got mine for $15 with a whole lot of other samples, too.
My Rating: 8.5/10. I would've gone for 10/10, but unfortunately the mascara is not waterproof. I never wear non-waterproof mascaras, but I'm willing to make an exception for this one.


Product Two: Tuscan Tan, Wash Off Bronzing Mousse 



So this product is a tanning mousse that is perfect for if you want an instant tan to wear to a party or an event, and it washes off easily with a bit of soap. It was difficult for me to review this product, as I don't ever wear or use any kind of tanning product. Not ever. Honestly, I'm just too pale. It's incredibly difficult for me to use tanning products because of how pale I am, as the product almost always looks too dark and too fake. It doesn't matter how carefully or thoroughly I apply the product, you can always notice the slightest streak or imperfection in the tan against my naturally very very very white skin. So usually, I just don't bother with tanning or tanning products at all. I thought I'd give this product a go, but sadly it was no different. It made my skin look way too dark for my complexion, and honestly, I just look a bit silly with a dark tan. I think this product is more suited for those with bit of a natural tan already, as it would enhance your tan's appearance.
My Rating: 5/10. I couldn't really properly review this tan because tans and me do not mix. I did love the smell of the product though... mmm coconuts!


Product Three:  Aveda Dry Remedy for hair




So this product is a daily moisturising oil for dry and damaged hair. I was a bit cautious with this product, as the word "oil" just instantly made me think "oily and greasy". So I only used the tiniest little bit of product, and applied it mainly to the ends of my hair. It's a leave-in product, and you can use it daily. Now, I'm not trying to be nasty towards this product, but I really, really hated everything about this product. Even though I only used the tiniest amount, it made my hair so greasy and oily, and just left it with a greasy wet look for the entire day. My hair even felt wet to touch, several hours after applying the product. My hair is never greasy or oily, but it was a greasy oily mess thanks to Aveda Dry Remedy. I literally used the smallest spec of oil, too. If you've had a good experience with this product, please let me know. But yeah. Never again.
My Rating: 3/10, and that's being nice.

Product Four: Vaselin Total Moisture 



I really liked this product. It's a light daily skin moisturiser, that also has an SPF 15, which is also really handy. There isn't much else to say about this. It's really light and non-greasy, it smells wonderful, it can be used all over to give your skin a moisture kick and it aids in sun protection. It's that simple.
My Rating: 9/10. Easy, handy, wonderful.

Product Five: Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream


This product is an all-purpose skin cream. It can help dryness, sensitive skin and irritation. It's rather a thick cream, and doesn't have any smell. It claims to be a secret, magical cream... but yeah I'm not entirely convinced. I did really like it, as it wasn't oily, and it made my hands and feet nice and soft. I haven't really used it thoroughly enough or long enough to give you much more help than that, but yeah. It was a nice cream, and it did its job.
My Rating: 6/10. Decent cream, am yet to discover it's magical healing secrets.


Product 6: Sukin Facial Moisturiser



Yes, another moisturising product... see what I mean? I'm not going to write much about this product. It's a facial moisturiser, suitable for all skin types. My face can be quite sensitive sometimes, but I didn't have any issues using this. It was light and lovely and made my face nice and soft and helped ease dryness. Would I use it again? Yes. My only issue is the smell. I really do not like how this product smells at all. It almost has a lavender-type smell to it, and I hate lavender. But apart from the weird smell, it's a good product.
My Rating: 7/10.


There's a seventh product, it's a sensitive skin mask. I am yet to use it, as I'm currently already on a sensitive skin mask regime, and I don't really want to use a different product until I've finished using the one I'm currently on. It smells nice though. I'll probably give it a go next week.

  *  To find out more about Bella Box or to start a subscription, go to their website! www.bellabox.com.au



So until then,
be safe and happy!
Lucy Rose.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment