Wednesday 2 April 2014

Review: Black Milk Clothing

So I must admit, I've always been a little bit apprehensive about Black Milk Clothing. I'm not the biggest fan of tights or bodysuits (on myself, anyway... some of you ladies look so freaking perfect in them though and I am forever jealous!), and I was also incredibly apprehensive about the swimsuit-looking material. I've loved the crazy, unique designs for forever though, and once I saw the Game of Thrones Black Milk release, I couldn't help myself.
   Now, I must make it clear that this review is based on my first ever Black Milk purchase and so please don't take my words as gospel... although I doubt anyone would, anyway.

So this was my thought process:
  1. EVERYTHING IS SO MAGICAL AND PRETTY AND I NEED IT
  2. $95 for a very small piece of material, really?!?
  3. ugh it's so pretty though
  4. okay I'm just gonna buy it
  5. yep. done. sold. 
  So I bought the Westoros Reversible skater dress, and I have to say, I am in love with this dress. I'm a pretty standard size 8 and so I purchased a small, and it fits me perfectly. It's not too short, either. The material isn't actually hideous like I thought it'd be, either. I actually kind of like the material, to be honest. Thin, but not too thin, and it kind of has a shine to it which is nice. It's also a bit stretchy. But yes. I'm glad I took the risk, because the dress is my new favourite thing and I will happily be buying from Black Milk again.

Pros: 
  • Super fast shipping. My item came within 48 hours of purchase. Be warned, though, if your item is "made to order", it can take up to several weeks before you receive.
  • Wide range of sizes, and true-to-size.
  • Super pretty and unique and funky styles and patterns.
  • Free shipping Australia wide, yay!
Cons:
  • Not everyone is going to like the nylon material. It's not my ideal material of choice, but it does really suit the prints.
  • Not a wide range of styles - you can choose from skater dresses, tights, catsuits, bodysuits, swimsuits, skirts... okay so that seems like a wide range, but I'd appreciate maybe some longer skirts and dresses, too.
  • Definitely not in everyone's price range. Most items are between $60-$120. Most skater dresses are around $95, which does seem difficult to justify for a skater dress, buuuuut the unique prints are too hard to resist. 









I can honestly say, my first experience purchasing and receiving something from Black Milk was definitely a very good experience. I had no issues or problems, although it would be nice to see some cheaper items or possibly more sale items.

Link? blackmilkclothing.com

Any questions, feel free to ask!
Peace,
Lucy.
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment