Monday 3 March 2014

February Beauty Boxes: Bella Box vs Lust Have It

As some of you know, each month I receive beauty box subscriptions from both Bella Box and Lust Have It. Rather than doing individual blog posts for each, I figured I'd combine them into one post, and let you know which one I think is better this month and why.


So this was the February Bella Box - 



It arrived right in the middle of the month, around the 14th. I absolutely loved the red carpet-themed box! It contained:
  • Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion - Burt's Bees has always been my absolute favourite brand for body lotions and butters. They're thick and creamy, not oily, they smell wonderful and they leave my skin feeling so soft! I definitely recommend Burt's Bees if you've never tried them before.
  • OM She Liquid Eyeliner in blue - I love love love liquid eyeliner! I received a liquid eye liner in a dark blue colour. I'd never tried this brand previously. It was quite a nice eyeliner (it does the job nicely, however, I couldn't really find anything amazing or unique about it), but I think I'll be sticking to my usual Maybelline black waterproof liquid eyeliner.
  • Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser - I actually used to use this exact cleanser when I was about 14 or 15. I stopped using it for whatever reason, but it was nice to rediscover it! It's a simple and easy cleanser, especially good on adolescent skin.
  • John Frieda After-Colour Conditioner - I haven't been able to use this product yet, as it's designed to be used directly after colouring your hair. I'll have to wait until I re-do my hair. I do love John Frieda products though, so I assume it'll be wonderful.
  • OM She Buff Away Face Polish - this product is aimed at refreshing your complexion with a "gentle but potent exfoliator"... I liked this product, but I have to say, it did sting my face quite a bit, even though it claims to be gentle. Did I like this product? yes. Did it work? not really, my complexion didn't change, but my skin did feel perhaps a bit softer. Would I buy this product? probably not, no.

All in all, February's Bella Box was pretty good. I especially liked the Burt's Bees Lotion.


February's Lust Have It Box - 

 I absolutely love love loved everything about the February box I received. It's probably my favourite beauty box I've ever received. First of all, look how many things were in the box! Eight things! Eight! I couldn't believe it. Most boxes only have around six things, so this was quite a nice surprise!
So what was in the box?

  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive - So I received a deluxe sample size of this product. It exfoliates and refines, to reveal a brighter complexion and reduce fine lines. I have to say, this product really stung my skin. It felt like putting acid on my face, seriously. Even though it's meant to be sensitive, it really was not at all for me. That being said, the next morning I woke up with bright, soft happy skin and my skin looked better than it had in previous weeks. So I'm torn. Yes, it burns like hell, but yes, it also does a wonderful job.
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Eyeshadow - I also received a full size eyeshadow... yes, full size! The retail price is $22.50, and I only paid a total of $20 for this entire box of samples... so that's a pretty good deal if you ask me. The eyeshadow looked white in the container, but it turns out to be a beautiful pearly blue colour when you begin to apply it. I love it so much. It's such a nice, light colour and it's long-lasting and yeah, I was very happy.
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Brush - I never really use brushes to apply makeup, but oh my, this is the most soft and amazing brush I've ever used! I'll definitely be switching to brushes now for good. I really recommend The Cosmetic Kitchen brushes, they spread evenly and don't make the product look too thick on your face. I loved it!
  • Anti-Aging Body Lotion by Vaseline - I haven't used this product yet. I don't know if I will, either. It smells nice, but it isn't something I'd generally use.
  • Clairol Colour Radiance Shampoo - this shampoo smells so nice and made my hair soft and light and I really liked it! Would I try it again in the future? Yes, definitely.
  • Clairol Creative Hair Spray - so, I love my hair spray. really. I over-indulge in hair spray, it's one of my favourite beauty products. I'd never used this product before, but I did really like it! It was easy to use, and kept my hair staying in place and looking exactly how I wanted it to. It's also not too sticky. I will definitely be buying it again in the future.
  • Hand Spa Bijoux - This is the only product in the box I didn't really like. It's like a little tissue thing that you wrap around your hands to deeply moisturize them. I tried it out and it didn't really do anything... until I washed my hands later that day and the soap stung my hands, which has never happened before. I found this product really strange. It just kind of made the skin on my hands really sensitive for a day or two... if you've had a positive experience with this product, please let me know!
  • So...? - I also received a So...? perfume in "Sinful". Now, I really like So...? perfumes. I have a bit of a history with them. They were the first perfumes I ever used. My mum bought me one of them when I was around 12 years old and I absolutely loved it. So I used these perfumes quite a bit when I was a young teen. It was really nice to re-discover them again. They're cute and fun and very inexpensive, so I definitely recommend trying them out if you haven't before.

All in all, I was really pleased with both the Bella Box and the Lust Have It February box. Both had new and exciting products that I'd never used previously. I have to say, I think the Lust Have It box wins this month. There was more products and more variety. The makeup brush, perfume and eyeshadow were definitely the winners this month for me. Also, the overall value of the products in the Lust Have It box worked out to be of greater value than the products in the Bella Box. I must give an honorable mention to Bella Box though for the Burt's Bees body lotion, as it is my all-time favourite body lotion and it was nice to receive a large sample, otherwise I would've had to buy another one as mine has nearly run out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Bella Box is a $15 a month subscription via their website (google seach Bella Box), and Lust Have It is $20 a month subscription via their website. Both have the option to cancel anytime, there's no minimum subscription period.

My instagram is: perksofbeinglucyrose

Stay kind and have fun!
Lucy Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment